The PicoSure Pro technology delivers energy so rapidly (In trillionths of a second) that tiny particles vibrate and shatter pigment without heat and burning surrounding tissue. It stimulates your skin’s natural refreshing processes to create brighter, younger-looking skin in just 10-minutes!
The PicoSure Pro Device is the #1 Pico laser on the market to tackle wrinkles, uneven skin tone, texture, brown spots, pore size and hyperpigmentation – all with minimal downtime.
When considering undergoing PicoSure treatments, there are a number of elements to keep in mind before and after your procedure. It’s important that you are equipped with the knowledge of what is required of you and what the treatment session involves so you are able to see the results you desire. Below, we share everything you need to gain a better understanding of the do’s and don’ts to consider before and after your treatment.
What to Consider Before a Treatment?
Prior to considering a PicoSure skin treatment, it is important to understand how the technology works and if it is the best option to treat your particular skin concerns. FDA cleared and TGA approved, our breakthrough technology is safe, reliable and able to address multiple complexion irregularities, on various skin types. Due to our revolutionary picosecond aesthetic technology, PicoSure works to boost collagen production, skin elasticity and cell renewal, giving you the ability to address the signs of ageing, reduce pigmentation, lesions and acne scarring, all whilst providing an even skin tone and restoring a smoother complexion.
Furthermore, it’s important to book a consultation appointment with one of our clinicians who will be able to address your individual skin concerns and address your medical history, ensuring you reap the benefits from your PicoSure treatment.
Once you have made the decision to proceed with a PicoSure laser treatment, ensure to follow all guidelines provided by our clinicians. To achieve the best results, they will encourage you to avoid excessive sun exposure leading up to the treatment and applying sun protection, to ensure clear, undamaged skin. For more comfortable treatments, it is also recommended to avoid certain skincare products high in actives such as AHAs and BHAs that may increase the photosensitivity of your skin.
What to Expect Post Treatment
PicoSure procedures are non-invasive and require little to no downtime, allowing you to continue on with your day with minimal disruption. The reason behind the non-invasive nature of PicoSure is due to the Focus Lens Array technology. This technology enables a photomechanical reaction in the epidermis that encourages an increased production of elastin and collagen, producing results in shorter and fewer sessions. PicoSure’s precise technology focuses ultra-short wavelengths to target the problem areas without damaging the surrounding tissue, minimizing side effects. Immediately after a treatment, it is common to experience skin sensitivity and slight redness due to an increase in blood flow to the area. However, this condition is completely normal and is likely to disappear in a few short hours.
After only a few days you will start to see results, with noticeable clearance, an improved appearance and a smooth and even complexion.
What to Avoid
After your treatment, it is incredibly important to allow the time for your skin to properly heal. Be sure to avoid unnecessary scratching and rubbing, whilst refraining from the use of make up. Further to this, avoid the use of topical skincare products that are abrasive or contain ingredients that can be harsh on the skin such as exfoliators, retinol products or those high in parfums. It is important to however ensure that you are regularly cleansing your skin with warm water, a gentle cleanser and a light oil-free moisturiser.
Similarly to pre-treatment care, try to avoid excessive sun exposure, swimming in pools, bathing or spending time at sauna – any activity that may expose your skin to bacteria or cause further sensitivity. After a laser treatment it is suggested to also avoid other facial procedures such as fillers, botox or chemical peels in order to not disrupt the skin’s natural healing process.
- Smoother complexion
- Improvement of early signs of aging
- Brightening of damaged skin
- Removes tattoo ink, in all skin types
- Tattoo ink is found in the dermis where color, depth, thickness, density and chemical composition are some factors to consider.
- Picosecond laser energy vibrates and shatters ink particles. A visible “frosting” effect may be seen post treatment.
- The body engages the lymphatic system to remove the shattered ink particles.
Focus Lens Treatments
- Honeycomb design diffracts 755nm energy into high energy zones & low energy background fluence
- Less than 10% of skin is exposed to high energy with the rest receiving lower fluence, minimizing damage
- The treatment effects simulate pressure injury, stimulating healing response & increasing collagen & elastin production
- Subsequent treatments in recommended series build upon results reducing appearance of unwanted wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars and pores. Expect mild edema and erythema post treatment (1-3 hours of pinkness)
Melasma and Pigment Treatments
- The ONLY picosecond laser cleared to remove hard-to-treat pigment such as melasma pigment, nevus of Ota and Hori’s nevus in all skin types
- Energy delivered in picoseconds resulting in photomechanical effect that vibrates and shatters target chromophore
- Treatment results in reduction of unwanted benign pigmentation and toning. Expect mild edema, erythema and pigment darkening post treatment.
Start treating these today:
- Decrease in collagen and elastin
- Acne scars
- Large pores
- Uneven skin tone
- Dull complexion
- Melasma pigmentation
- Nevus of Ota
- Hori’s nevus